Tweed River cruise for the whole family. Get ready for fun in nature gather the squad and join us for a 2-hour family fun and adventure cruise on the Tweed River. Fishing, Pelican feeding, yabby pumping, trapping for crabs, cruise the Tweed River enjoy morning tea and bush tucker tasting
Aboriginal Led Tours
Pot to Plate Adventure: call to book group tour for minimum of 8 people
Join Bundjalung Nation descendant, and our professional crabber on the unique four-hour Australian Pot to Plate Adventure. Learn about the region’s evocative past. Our local crabber will take you into the heart of mudcrab headquarters, the Terranora Lakes mangrove system.
- Child (10+)
The Adventure Starts Here
Led by Aboriginal Tribe Member, retrace the footsteps of our Indigenous elders and learn more about traditional hunting versus today’s commercial practices. Bamboo spears are provided as you wade through the mangrove forests to hunt for mud crabs, stingrays and fish (waterproof waders provided). Enjoy alfresco sand bank dining (tide permitting), while the mornings catch is cooked on a bonfire and celebrate the local Aboriginal culture as you enjoystories and didgeridoo playing.
Re-embark the vessel and cruise through the oyster leases, taste freshly shucked oysters, pull up commercial crab pots, feed the pelicans and seabirds and try your luck at yabbie pumping and fishing. Feast on freshly prepared seafood including mud and spanner crabs, prawns, oysters, salads, bread and fruit complimented with a cheese board and unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks.
IMPORTANT – please board this Tour and Vessel at 230 Kennedy Drive, Tweed Heads (West)
- 4 hour Pot to Plate Adventure
- Cruise through the Tweed River system
- Morning tea served alfresco on the sand bank
- Traditional hunting versus commercial techniques showcased throughout the tour
- Spear hunting through the mangrove forests
- Indigenous experience including Yugambeh stories, didgeridoo playing and bonfire on traditional land
- Yabbie pumping (bait collecting on sandy islands)
- Trapping for mud crabs
- Eat freshly shucked oysters at the oyster farm.
- Seafood feast includes mud crabs, prawns, oysters and spanner crabs
- Local produce fresh from the farms
- Unlimited beer. wine and soft drinks
- Maximum 16 passengers
- Personalised guide
- IMPORTANT please board this Tour and Vessel at 230 Kennedy Drive, Tweed Heads (West)
- In these conditions
- ‘Company’ means Tweed Eco Cruises Pty Ltd and, where the context requires, its employees or agents.
- ‘Passenger’ means any person or persons on the cruise by virtue of this ticket.
- The passenger acknowledges that during the cruise the vessel will be and remain under the absolute control of the Company and that the direction and control of the vessel and its crew is at all times the sole responsibility of the Master of the vessel. The Master of the vessel reserves the right to refuse entry of a passenger onto the vessel and to require a passenger to disembark the vessel in the Master’s sole discretion. The passenger acknowledges that the Master of the vessel has the sole and absolute discretion to vary the scheduled route or destination of the cruise if for any reason the Master of the vessel considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the vessel, its passengers and crew.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- Substitute any other vessel other than the one designated for the cruise (including a vessel not owned by the company) provided that the substituted vessel is of a similar type and includes similar facilities to the vessel named in the cruise;
- To cancel or abandon the cruise either before or during the cruise, if the Company or Master of the vessel considers in their sole and absolute discretion that the cancellation is necessary for reasons of weather or in the interest of the safety and well-being of the vessel, its passengers and crew and the Company will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by the Passenger caused by such substitution or cancellation.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Company, its related entities, employees and agents shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with the cruise. The Passenger releases the Company for any claim whatsoever and howsoever incurred including but not limited to a claim for death bodily injury damage or loss of property during embarkation and/or disembarkation to or from the vessel and/or at all times whilst onboard the vessel itself, unless caused by wilful misconduct or reckless disregard of the Company. In the event of breach of any of these terms by the Company, or a failure in whole or in part to provide any service that the company contracted to provide (either expressly or by implication), the remedy for any such breach of any term shall be limited only to the contractual value of the performance of service or obligation that was not performed by the Company, or alternatively part value of the service where there was partial performance of the service or obligation by the Company. Any liability shall be assessed by the Company’s own value of the service and/or obligation or part thereof that is the subject of any claim.
- Passengers must not bring any alcoholic beverages or illegal substances onto the vessel.
- Boarding pass tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or damaged.
- Special conditions apply to private charter & event bookings. Contact the Charter department for details.
- Other Operators – Whilst all care is taken, no responsibility/liability whatsoever is borne or accepted by the Company for any other operator that is included, for any reason, as part of a package holiday, or conference or meeting within the Company’s Ship. The passenger agrees that any independent contractors with whom the Company so contracts provide their services subject to their usual terms and conditions.
- In these conditions
Enquiry details provided by you to us will not be provided to any third party for any other product or data amalgamation purpose. We will only contact you in relation to the products and services and specials we offer. We will cheerfully and immediately delete any information that you have provided to us if you request.
Enquiry Details, Research Details provided by You and any Research Reports prepared by Us will be stored on a secure server. This information is kept for Our purposes to enable Us to efficiently help you with any subsequent enquires with Tweed Eco Cruises. We use Google Analytics on our website to better understand and service our customers.