The Tweed region is mud crab heartland, renowned for its plentiful hauls. Professional crabbers work and trap in the nature-laden picturesque surrounds of the Terranora lakes.
Lunch Option Pricing Information
Seafood Lunch & Cruise: Adults: $89 | Seniors: $82| Children: $45
BBQ Lunch & Cruise: Adults: $78 | Seniors: $72| Children: $36
Vegetarian Lunch & Cruise: Adults: $72 | Seniors: $72 | Children: $33
** Please note all cruises depart on QLD time
Tweed Eco Cruises offers an unforgettable four and a half-hour return trip to Stott’s Island, with a stopover at the riverside village of either Tumbulgum or Chinderah (tide dependent on which village we visit). Relax aboard the river cruiser, the Golden Swan, as you embrace the soothing surrounds of the resource-rich Tweed River, the lifeblood of an ecologically diverse former volcanic region known as the Green Cauldron, with the riverbank lined with sugar cane fields and lush rainforest. Under the watchful gaze of the ruggedly imposing Mt Warning, you’re treated to a sumptuous on-board seafood or BBQ lunch.
Tweed Eco Cruise Inclusions
- 4.5-hour Tweed River Cruise aboard the Golden Swan.
- 45-minute stopover at historical Tumbulgum village.
- Morning tea is Local Tweed Valley grown and roasted coffee and tea served with biscuits or cake.
- Birds of prey feeding.
- Transfers available from accommodation (fee may apply, depending on location).
- BBQ or seafood lunch (vegetarian or special diets can be cater for with notice).
- Commentary of our first settlers, Aboriginal history, the region’s flora and fauna, and issues impacting the river today.
- Cruise the Tweed River under the constant gaze of Mt Warning, the first place in Australia to greet the morning sun.
- See the eagles and kytes soar, then swoop on their unsuspecting prey below.
- Stroll through the Tumbulgum village’s art galleries.
- Browse the historical hotel (built in 1886), or venture into one of the village’s quirky cafés. Be treated aboard to locally grown coffee and tea from the Tweed Valley for morning tea.
- Enjoy a fresh seafood lunch, sourced from local suppliers, or tuck into the Captain’s BBQ steak.
- Bird watching and photographic opportunities are abundant as you cruise the river.
- Licensed bar aboard.
- General Terms & Conditions of Carriage
- In these conditions
- ‘Company’ means Tweed Eco Cruises Pty Ltd and, where the context requires, its employees or agents.
- ‘Passenger’ means any person or persons on the cruise by virtue of this ticket.
- The passenger acknowledges that during the cruise the vessel will be and remain under the absolute control of the Company and that the direction and control of the vessel and its crew is at all times the sole responsibility of the Master of the vessel. The Master of the vessel reserves the right to refuse entry of a passenger onto the vessel and to require a passenger to disembark the vessel in the Master’s sole discretion. The passenger acknowledges that the Master of the vessel has the sole and absolute discretion to vary the scheduled route or destination of the cruise if for any reason the Master of the vessel considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the vessel, its passengers and crew.
- The Company reserves the right to:
- To the extent permitted by law, the Company, its related entities, employees and agents shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with the cruise. The Passenger releases the Company for any claim whatsoever and howsoever incurred including but not limited to a claim for death bodily injury damage or loss of property during embarkation and/or disembarkation to or from the vessel and/or at all times whilst onboard the vessel itself, unless caused by wilful misconduct or reckless disregard of the Company. In the event of breach of any of these terms by the Company, or a failure in whole or in part to provide any service that the company contracted to provide (either expressly or by implication), the remedy for any such breach of any term shall be limited only to the contractual value of the performance of service or obligation that was not performed by the Company, or alternatively part value of the service where there was partial performance of the service or obligation by the Company. Any liability shall be assessed by the Company’s own value of the service and/or obligation or part thereof that is the subject of any claim.
- Passengers must not bring any alcoholic beverages or illegal substances onto the vessel.
- Boarding pass tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or damaged.
- Special conditions apply to private charter & event bookings. Contact the Charter department for details.
- Other Operators – Whilst all care is taken, no responsibility/liability whatsoever is borne or accepted by the Company for any other operator that is included, for any reason, as part of a package holiday, or conference or meeting within the Company’s Ship. The passenger agrees that any independent contractors with whom the Company so contracts provide their services subject to their usual terms and conditions.
- In these conditions
Enquiry details provided by you to us will not be provided to any third party for any other product or data amalgamation purpose. We will only contact you in relation to the products and services and specials we offer. We will cheerfully and immediately delete any information that you have provided to us if you request.
Enquiry Details, Research Details provided by You and any Research Reports prepared by Us will be stored on a secure server. This information is kept for Our purposes to enable Us to efficiently help you with any subsequent enquires with Tweed Eco Cruises. We use Google Analytics on our website to better understand and service our customers.